Thursday, July 18, 2013

The Real MTC Email

I don't think pictures are going to work. Next time!
First, I love you all! Thank you for all of your letters and DearElders! I hope that you are all well.
Next, I've been thinking of things I would have like to have known before coming here.
The List:
-Sisters, you can have knee-length skirts, but calf-length skirts are much more comfortable. Do yourself a favor and look at DI for past the knees skirts. Study the dress and grooming website.
-Bring lots of exercise clothes for the MTC
-Read all of Preach My Gospel, not just the lessons
-Eat well no matter what (I am the mom of our district in that I make everyone eat their fruits and veggies.)
-The first day all you need in your hands are scriptures and note taking stuff.
-Bring a lanyard or the cool windup lanyard things (found at Walmart)
-Bring a waterbottle and stay hydrated
-Study conversion, you go through your own conversion to the gospel first at the MTC
-Be nicer to everyone before you leave
-For the younger bunch, take Seminary seriously! Read all of the scriptures so you have a base to build on
 
I'll let you know if I think of anything else. :)
 
Today an Elder of my district said of me, "She knows her food and the gospel, what else is there? Amen!" Mmmm, food.
My district thinks that I'm sweet and weird. Quirky? I am starting to recognize that that's my personality? Weird. ;)
 
We leave to Omaha on the 24th. I'm super excited!
 
What no one ever told me about the MTC is that you teach "investigators" who are your teachers acting like one of their closes friends who doesn't know of the gospel. It's such a learning experience. Especially because right after you teach him, he comes and teaches class for the next 3 hours, usually mentioning all of what you wanted to say but didn't during your lesson. Fun, huh?
 
My district is great. We have 4 sisters and 6 elders total. One sister had to go home on Monday because of nerve damage in her foot, she'll be back in September. Long story, our last Sister Training Leader joined us in her place because of visa problems.
 
I am well. I am learning tons. Learning experiences mixed in with blissful moments!
 
I'm sorry I'm super scatterbrained, an hour of emailing goes by so quickly.
 
I love you all so much, write me and ask any specific questions that you have!
Have a great week!
 
Love,
Sister Amanda Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment