Hello! I am still at the Trail Center. It continues to be wonderful.
I have felt no real difference in my health, ouchy and tired as always. I didn't hear back from the doctor about my last few tests, which indicates that they were all negative.
Something interesting is happening today, I am getting a real companion. Her name is Sister Beatty (pronounced Batey) and she is suffering from constant migraines. She is companions with Sister Brough who is over the Millard area. Millard is directly south of Lakeview, my area. Sister Frisina will become companions with Sister Brough and Millard will become full-proselyting. Poor Sister Brough, how would you like to go from half-pross to full-pross halfway through the transfer. But she is amazing and will be able to do it.
Sister Beatty and I will stay with the sisters I am currently staying with and we'll be at the Trail Center all day every day and will be on chat quite a bit. We are The Invalids.
Get this, I went to one appointment this week, Sister Wittaker needed someone to come, and we met a girl named Margaret and set her for baptism October 12th! She's been going to seminary and church with her friend and is what everyone would call "golden." She totally lit up when we told her about the Gift of the Holy Ghost and I just wanted to do cartwheels. She's coming in an hour with a friend for her second lesson. :)
I don't know what else to tell you about this week. I'm reading like crazy. I am so grateful for Sister Hanks. It is so wonderful to have such a familiar face here.
Oh! Duh! I got to go to the temple on Friday and it was fantastic! The Winter Quarters Temple is on the cemetery grounds. It is so beautiful. And the session itself was stunning.
If you have written in the past little while, I probably haven't gotten your letters as they are still going to the house on L street. I will have them start forwarding stuff here, so send them to the Martha Street Address.
I love you all! Thank you for your prayers!
-Sister Peterson
No comments:
Post a Comment