Sunday, April 14, 2013

What Does He Want Me to Learn?

My lovely friend Brittany Hanks entered the MTC this past Wednesday. She is also going to the Nebraska Omaha Mission. She got her call two weeks before I got mine and because she's already 19, she left exactly 6 weeks after she got her call. Needless to say, I have felt a little jealousy toward her because she already gets to be a part of the work.

Last week I was texting her and was admonished when she said, "There's probably something Heavenly Father wants you to learn before you go." The more I thought about it, the more I knew that she was right. Aside from the fact that I don't necessarily feel that I am as spiritually prepared as I ought to be, I sense that there is something coming that will be important for my personal development before I leave. I hope that I can learn whatever it is and accept it easily.

Right now I am merely trying to survive the final papers that are due and the final exams that start this week. I live from waking till sleeping, trying to get everything done in between. I must confess that it has been more difficult than usual to write and revise the papers I have due. I think that this is because I have so much on my mind that I can't actually do anything about.

It will be a relief to be done with this semester and just have some time to sort things out. I know that the time will fly and I am grateful for that.

In summary: Yes, I'm well and excited about my mission. No, I'm not quite ready, I still have a lot I need to do and learn before I am.

87 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment