Sunday, July 21, 2013

Amanda's update, Review of the first week at MTC

Dear Family,
After you left (on Thursday the 10th, from the MTC) I got my new materials, dropped my stuff at my room, and met my district. Sister McMasters (companion) is from Cottonwood Heights. The other 2 sisters are both from Utah, and most of the elders aw well. Most of the elders are 18 except one 23-year old (former) army elder.  That night, after Orientation, we taught investigators in large groups for a kind-of shock to our systems. :)

On Thursday we had an actual tour and were introduced to our classes. We met "Corey," our investigator.

From 7/12 - 7/16: We followed pretty much the same schedule, except Sunday...
Wake up, get ready, personal studey, breakfast, comp study, class for 3 hours, lunch, doctrinal study, TRC sometimes (that's teaching volunteer actors), teach our progressing investigator, class for 2 hours, study, dinner, devotional or more study, planning, get ready for bed, devotional, bedtime at 10:30 p.m.   I like it though it is a lot. Sometimes teaching goes well, sometimes not. There are fun moments, mostly during meals. I get to be very creative with my food. So much fun! Ha!

I have no clue when my next P-day will be. I fly to Omaha on Wednesday. I will call from the airport that morning, I dunno when.

Devotionals are good here. Feeling the Spirit is great. Interacting with people is a learning experience. 

Carlee (her BYU roommate) is now here. I've seen a TON of Westlakers... Russel DeJesus, Chris Fish, Nathan, and random ones who didn't really recognize me. Cole Evans, Mitchell something...

I miss my NAME!

I want to go to Omaha already and get settled and TEACH!  And I want to make my own food!

I'm glad that Dad is feeling well. I hope the rest of you are well as well. :)
Love,
Sister Peterson

Love, love, love!!!

1 comment:

  1. Just so you know, Amanda is not actually posting these letters... I am putting them on for her. :) Hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete