Monday, July 29, 2013

Fwd: Week 1 in Omaha!



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Amanda Peterson <amanda.peterson@myldsmail.net>
Date: Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Subject: Week 1 in Omaha!
To: andrewjaypeterson@gmail.com, haleyallysepeterson@gmail.com, heatherannpeterson@gmail.com, Blog <amandabrookepeterson.sisterpeterson@blogger.com>, Delainey Kicklighter <delaineyk@gmail.com>, Elder David Fletcher <david.fletcher@myldsmail.net>, Elder Keenan Riley Hyde <keenan.hyde@myldsmail.net>, Joel Peterson <joel@joelpeterson.biz>, LeAnn Peterson <leannzpeterson@gmail.com>, Sister Brittany Hanks <brittany.hanks@myldsmail.net>, catherine.mcmaster@myldsmail.net, Nathaniel Johnson <njohnson@myldsmail.net>


SO, early Wednesday morning, we flew to Omaha. The rest of the day we met people and were taught things and ate food and went to bed because we were exhusted. Thursday we went to the Trail Center and different places in the city. We then went street contacting. We then were taught more stuff. Then we ate. Then we had a testimony meeting and opened our area assignments.
 
I am with Sister Frisina in the Lakeview Area (ward). We live with the Fredricks in their basement, their house is super lovely. Friday and Saturday we did a lot of studying and planning and figuring stuff out because Sister Frisina just finished her 12 week training... but as a Trail Center sister. So we are the first full proselyting sisters that the area's ever had. So, we have, like, one progressing investigator, two potential investigators, 40 percent of the ward is less active, and we don't know a lot of people.
 
So the past few days we've been setting up appointments to meet with all of the families in the ward. I have been feeling stressed just because woah, new place and so much to do! But I do really like it here.:)
 
I haven't felt ANY humidity and it's pretty disappointing. It's raining today. Goodness, sorry my sentences are so bland.
 
I miss the sense of direction the mountains gave me. We are pretty much perpetually lost and occasionly stumble onto the street we want. Today we acciently drove for an hour into downtown Omaha, looking for the library. The streets and freeways are crazy. Organized crazy, but I'm still figuring them out.
 
We have a car and Sister Frisina is the official driver.
 
I will probably be here in Lakeview for 6 months. Training after 3.
 
Um, I dunno what else to write. :)
Hope you're well!
I love you all!
-Sister Peterson



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment