Hello Family!
(We had just finished emailing back and forth during her Monday/P-day 1 hour of emailing time.)
So I will be emailing at that same time forever. (Meaning always on Monday mornings throughout her mission.) From 11-12ish (Central Time) is when I'll get online, so plan on that. I haven't gotten your letters yet, so I'll have to make this letter short and send you another one when I have something to reply to.
I'm glad that I was able to answer most of your questions today. I don't know what else to tell you. The second day I was here, we went street contacting/tracting and as we waited for someone to answer a door, we noticed that a construction worker at a house nearby was whistling "Nearer My God to Thee." We tried to talk to him, but he could barely understand English. He mimed that he's Buddhist. He laughed because we were trying really hard to speak simple English. Anyway, we told him we liked the song and we gave him a Mormon.org card. He saw the name Jesus Christ and pointed and said,"Jesus Christ a great guy." We agreed with him.
We are going to dinner in a few minutes. Our first member meal! Before we (the sisters in general) were full-proselyting here, the sisters rarely went to dinners at the members' homes. And the previous sister didn't eat meat/gluten/dairy so it was hard for the members. But now we are full (have dinner appointments) all week!
Can you believe I've been away for 20 days? I miss everything much more now than I did in the MTC because there was just Provo (meaning I was still just down the road from you all). And we were so busy. It's such an odd feeling to miss home, but know that I am needed here. Part of me is like, "Home"... of course, I want to go home, but the rest of me is like, this is where I am supposed to be. I want to be here more.... But it is weird to know that this lasts a year and a half. Ya know?
I hope you're well. Mom, how is your diet going? When does school start? Are you enjoying many "meaty" meals? We just went grocery shopping which was fun, but I forgot the pin number for my mission debit card so I used my regular one. I'll just get cash from the mission card and pay myself back.
The 6:30am - 10:30pm schedule is nice. My body has adjusted. Though I do get tired when I'm not doing anything.
The streets here are weird. North-South streets are all numbers, ie. 168th street, and East-West streets are letters, ie. L Street. Diagonal and some other streets have names, but the same names are used in every neighborhood. So two Riggs Street houses could be miles apart. That confuses the GPS and me. Driving is always a little stressful. I don't drive, my companion does. I sometimes don't feel safe when she's driving, but I don't know that I should say something because that's kind of rude.
(P.S. from LeAnn... I emailed her mission president about this concern...)
We have a cell phone and it's pretty boring.
I make yummy food!
I am sure that I will get more comfortable here the longer I am here. I wish I'd brought my own pillow though. Down is nice, but not very firm.
I've gotta run to dinner and appointments, have a good day!
Love, Sister Peterson
P.S. I forgot to tell you that Carole Mikita talked in R.S. at the MTC. It was cool!
From LeAnn: We got a letter and picture from Amanda's mission president and his wife. It seems that she is doing well!
Her current address is:
16611 L Street, Omaha, NE 68135
She would love letters!
Trainer/companion is Sister Frisina. They're in the Omaha West Zone.
No comments:
Post a Comment