Here are answers to a few questions:
1. Where is your companion from? The kids thought her name sounded Italian or something. :)
Sister Frisina is from Gilbert, Arizona. Her dad is Italian.
2. On p-days, where do you go to check your email? Where you live? Your ward mission leader's house? Another member's house?
2. On p-days, where do you go to check your email? Where you live? Your ward mission leader's house? Another member's house?
The library.
3. Do you just do laundry at the home of the people where you live?
3. Do you just do laundry at the home of the people where you live?
Yep.
4. How big are your ward boundaries? Do you have a certain number of miles you're allowed to drive in your car each month?
4. How big are your ward boundaries? Do you have a certain number of miles you're allowed to drive in your car each month?
This month we have 800 miles total, about 26 miles a day which is about exactly what we need. Our boundaries... you can see them on lds.org. Lakeview Ward, Omaha Stake. Go to the interactive map.
5. What are your Sundays like?
5. What are your Sundays like?
Meetings, church, meetings, studies, appointments with families.
6. Tell us about your 1 investigator and your other potential investigators.
6. Tell us about your 1 investigator and your other potential investigators.
Micah is in a part member family. She's been raised in the church but her biological mom won't let her be baptized, but now that she's 18, she can choose. So she knows everything about the church. It's just deciding for herself now...
2 of our potentials are referral, the rest are just names and addresses on a list of people who told past missionaries that they could come 7.
What do you say in your door approach when you're tracting?
We introduce ourselves and then ask them questions about their relationship with Jesus Christ. Then we give a one or two minute summary of the first lesson in PMG.
It's been a great week. The humidity is starting to kick in, but I actually really like it. It's like how a newborn likes to be wrapped up tight? I like the constant contact from the air. Though the sweating isn't ideal.
Here's what I recorded this week as wanting to tell you:
I really miss you all. I love you more though!
Everyone has a dog and/or cat. Being allergic is fun.
Look up the road system on google maps if you can, it's really pretty nuts.
I will never be afraid to talk to someone on the phone or in person again.
The member meals are great! 3 out of the 4 meals we had this week were taco salad. :)
We got to help a less active member paint furniture on Wednesday. It was a blast.
Everyone here really has a strong faith in their church. Tis admirable.
There are bunnies everywhere. And cicidas are loud. The trees here are amazing.
I cut my mouth on a plum.
We are slowly getting the ball rolling.
And what I mean by that last one is that things are happening, but slowly. Which is okay. Slow is about all I can handle. :)
But I'm enjoying this. Everyone told me that the MTC was a roller coaster, and it is, but it doesn't stop once you leave the MTC.
We have been meeting with a lot of members. A few less actives. One or two investigators. It's like a pyramid, it feels like. But we feel good about what we're doing, we trust that the Lord is directing us.
The hardest part of each day is the early afternoon. That's when no one wants to schedule anything so we go searching for people who the missionaries have contacted a little bit before. It's often frustrating, but the days end with lessons so each day ends happy.
It's crazy how perfect the schedule is. Like, 10:30-6:30 is the exact amount of sleep I need. My body puts itself to sleep and wake me up at the right times. Crazy.
Hey friends, send me letters! Message my mom if you want my exact address. But seriously, I'd love to hear from you!
I love you all, have a wonderful week! Oh, and read your scriptures. And pray.
Love,
Sister Amanda Peterson
NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.
No comments:
Post a Comment