Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Omaha Week 8

So basically a ton has changed this week.
Tuesday I went to the rheumatologist and he took my blood again. He doesn't think that it's lupus or arthritis, but he also doesn't know what it is. Hence more blood tests.
Wednesday night, 15 minutes before bedtime, the mission president's wife called and told us to pack enough stuff for a week away from home.
Thursday we packed and I was picked up and taken to the Trail Center for a week and Sister Frisina joined up the sisters in the area next to us as a trio.
I have been here resting and learning at the Trail Center and it's seriously amazing. I am still very tired and always in pain so I do online chat, study the Pioneer Library, and sometimes station as the missionary doing tours of the Quilt Show that is happening here at the Trail Center. It's a pretty amazing place to be. The days are passing by so quickly.

Today I was doing research and realized that at least 4 of my ancestors, Joseph Taylor, Henry Harrison Dalrymple, Sidney Benajah Kent, and William Lorenzo Marble, passed through here! And JT was in the Mormon Battalion! The resources here are wonderful. And it's so cool to know that they walked and lived here, at least for some time. (Grandparents, if you know stories about any of these people, send them to me? Thank you. I love you!)

I have learned so much about quilts!!! It's a wonderful and beautiful exhibit and many people come here to see them every day.

The Spirit that is here in the Trail Center is just amazing. It's such a privilege to be here. And it is so much fun to be around my dear Sister Hanks!


I should get the test results back sometime this week. I don't really know what is going to happen and I am feeling a lot of peace about everything.

Thank you for your words and prayers and love!

-Sister Amanda Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment